Deadline: 10 March 2022
Applications are now open for the kanthari leadership program that offers a 12 month, scholarship based leadership program for visionaries who have overcome adversity and who are keen to drive ethical social change anywhere in the world. kanthari will equip participants with all tools that are required to start and run an own NGO / social enterprise or social venture.
Some participants have university degrees while others have little to no formal education; Some are blind or physically disabled, others have no disabilities at all.
Types of Kantharis
- Green Kantharis: Social initiators founding grass root projects for effective social change
- Yellow Kantharis: Inventors creating new products, strategies or concepts for social change
- Orange Kantharis: Social entrepreneurs using business as a tool for sustainable social change
- Red Kantharis: Activists fighting for a world free from discrimination, negative attitudes or harmful norms
- Purple Kantharis: Artists who use creativity and art as a tool for making a difference
- tailor-made empowerment program for personal development
- skill sets in project management, planning, accounting, fund-raising, communication, social media, public speech
- access to mentoring program
- Access to a network of social change makers from 48 countries
- To ensure high quality training, kanthari accommodates a maximum of 25 participants per academic year
- You will need to have a plan for a social project/venture that will create a mindset change and/or a positive impact in your community.
- You will need to be 22 years of age or older (Please note: there is no upper age limit)
- Intermediary knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Basic knowledge in using a computer
- You will need to be flexible, creative, intrinsically driven, bring a high level of motivation, energy, and ownership
- For people in wheelchairs: independent mobility and daily living skills
- For blind and/or partially sighted people: independent excellent mobility and daily living skills, being able to use the white cane, independent use of computer.
What kind of qualification will I get when completing the course?
kanthari will prepare you to start your social project/initiative. A certificate of completion will be issued to participants who complete the course successfully. Additionally, you will be able to do a state examination on social entrepreneurship. For this you receive a governmental certificate by Bharat Sevak Samaj (BSS).
- kanthari welcomes applicants over 22 years of age (they don’t have an upper age limit) who have overcome significant life challenges ranging from vision impairment, disability, poverty, war, discrimination, and exploitation. They could also be witnesses to social situations they wish to change so others do not suffer. They should have a passion to make the world a better place and the strength to be forces of good rather than be victims of circumstance.
- Applicants must speak and understand basic English and have basic computer skills.
For more information, visit https://www.kanthari.org/admissions/