Deadline: 31 May 2020
Applications are now open for the 2020 Social Impact Award to support young innovators in building social enterprises that address the most challenging issues of time.
Take part in 6 months innovation journey to incubate social business ideas:
- Win a trip to Prague, Czech Republic in November 2020 to the International Social Impact Award Summit
- Receive a cash price to grow and scale the impact of your idea
- Receive mentorship & training to become part of an international network of social change-makers
- Enterprises, ideas and projects working in Uganda to tackle social or environmental problems
- Team members need to be between the age of 18-30 years old
- The project team must have started to work on the idea not earlier than 1st January 2018.
- Ideas or start-ups in the early state of implementation
- Submitted projects must not have received funding exceeding 3500 US Dollars from investment, grants, donations, prize money etc. and with no participation in a comparable incubation program
The jury will judge according to the following criteria:
- Social Impact: Is your idea creating a social or environmental impact in Uganda?
- Innovation: Is your idea something new that has never been seen before?
- Feasibility: Is your idea easy to implement?
- Scalability: Is your idea scalable and can impact as many people as possible?
For more information, visit https://uganda.socialimpactaward.net/about/