Deadline: 11 June 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking Concept Papers from registered Bangladeshi Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) for Fixed Amount Award/s (FAA) to implement the Local Works Bangladesh Activities.
The purpose of Local Works Bangladesh Activities is to enable the local partners in the areas impacted by the Rohingya displacement to conserve and rehabilitate natural resources. The activities will mitigate the impact of the refugee displacement on the natural environment and will improve communities’ ability to cope with the sudden strains of accommodating nearly one million additional people on their land.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The activities’ goal: “To enable local conservation and rehabilitation of natural resources in the Cox’s Bazar district, especially in areas severely impacted by the Rohingya displacement”, will contribute to IR 4.1: Improved Ecosystem Conservation of the USAID/Bangladesh’s Development Objective 4 (DO4) – Strengthened Resilience to Natural Hazards.
- These activities also align with the proposed USAID/Bangladesh Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). Under the proposed CDCS, these activities will contribute to the Mission’s CDCS-level goal: “Bangladesh, an inclusive, economically viable, food secure, healthy, well-educated, and natural hazards-resilient democracy.”
Period and Place of Performance
The duration of these grants may not exceed three (3) years. The geographic focus of each grant is limited to upazilas of Cox’s Bazar District, Bangladesh.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- In implementing the Local Works program, USAID/Bangladesh may award grants up to $2 million each to local organizations that have not received more than $5 million from USAID in the last five (5) years.
- The estimated start date will be approximately November of 2019.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is limited to Bangladeshi local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) registered under Bangladesh NGO Affairs Bureau.
- Based on the desire to increase USAID support to the pool of local organizations, it is decided that these awards will be made to Bangladeshi NGOs who may have less experience in receiving and implementing USG grants and who have not received more than $5 million from USAID in the last five (5) years.
- Cost Sharing or Matching: No amount of cost sharing is required throughout the award implementation.
How to Apply
Concept Papers must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=315454