MyGov is seeking applications for the BIRAC Innovation Challenge 2020-21. BIRAC-SoCH is an Innovation Challenge Award envisioned to offer a unique platform to Start-ups/Entrepreneurs working in the community health sector.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The focus of the Challenge is to facilitate a promising technology idea that can be translated into an efficient technology which addresses the issues of community health in a defined time limit.
Theme for SoCH 2020-2021
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Innovative, Efficient and Affordable Solutions for Clean Cooking in Rural and Community Settings
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- SoCH is aimed to facilitate Indian innovators by offering recognition and financial support to them towards combating the challenges of community health.
- Expression of Interests (EoIs) and detailed applications are invited for the above mentioned theme and the potential applicants will then be shortlisted for Hackathon spanning across one and a half years.
- 10 shortlisted applicants to receive INR 5 lakhs each and incubation/mentorship support for development of Minimal Viable Prototypes (MVP) in 3 months.
- 5 finalists to receive additional INR 10 lakhs each and incubation/mentorship support for product development, design & fabrication to deliver final products in 3.5 months.
- 2 winners of the theme selected after the 3 months of user acceptance field trials to receive INR 50 lakhs each and a continued incubation support (if required) for ensuring effective after sales of the product post the deployment.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The primary applicant should be the Project Leader who meets the eligibility requirements mentioned below.
- If the applicant is formally employed (or registered as a student) with a non-profit academic or research organization, then the applicant has to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the head of the organization clearly indicating that the organization has policies in place to allow the applicant to accept the award (if successful) as an individual and has policies in place to allow its employees creation of technology products while in service or while in sabbatical leave or while in EOL.
- If the applicant is formally employed with a for-profit company, the applicant has to provide an No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the head of the organization clearly indicating that the organization has policies in place to allow the applicant to accept the award (if successful) as an individual and has policies in place to allow its employees creation of technology products while in service or while in sabbatical leave or while in EOL. Alternatively, the applicant needs to apply as Company.
- An individual who is a promoter shareholder of any company or one of the partners in any LLP will not be allowed to apply as an individual, irrespective of the percentage of shareholding of the applicant in the company. (In such a case, the application can be submitted through company/LLP route, in case the company/LLP meets the required eligibility criterion as detailed below)
- Company/Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- The Company or LLP should be registered under the Indian Companies Act, 1956/2013 and The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 respectively.
- The incorporation date of the Company/LLP should not be earlier than 3 years from the date of launch of SoCH.
- A company is considered as ‘Owned’ by resident Indian citizen if minimum 51% of the capital in it is beneficially owned by resident Indian citizens and/or Indian Companies, which are ultimately owned and controlled by resident Indian citizens
- A Project Leader who meets eligibility requirements mentioned below must represent the Company/LLP’s application
- The Company/LLP must have its own in-house R&D facilities that are functional and adequate to execute the project.
- An applicant company, in which any promoter holding more than or equal to 20% of the shares, is a co-promoter of another ineligible company or a partner in another ineligible company/LLP then the applicant will be rendered ineligible. In case applicant is an LLP: An applicant LLP, in which any of the partners is also a partner in another ineligible LLP or is a co-promoter in another ineligible company, then the applicant will be rendered ineligible.
- Entries can be submitted by individuals/ group of individuals/organizations, as long as they are planning to take the solution to the market either through their existing (applicant) company or a new company that they plan to set up or are willing to transfer the technology to another entrepreneur/startup that can take it to the market. The same will need to be specified in their application.
- As there is a requirement that the project should start with immediate effect, the team composition should be well thought out and should be ready by the time of submitting the entry.
- Essential Qualification
- Project leader
- Every proposal must clearly identify a Project Leader who will take responsibility for the technical and managerial aspects of the project execution. The Project Leader must be technically qualified to undertake the project. The Project Leader must have completed basic undergraduate training in natural sciences/engineering/medicine
- In the event that the proposal is shortlisted for Hackathon in front of the Expert Selection Committee, then the same Project Leader will be required to present the case for support. In the event that proposal is shortlisted for funding support, then the Project Leader will be required to sign the project agreement.
- Project leader
The evaluation process comprises broadly the following steps
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- As a first step, EoIs will be screened for eligibility and appropriateness under SoCH scheme.
- A detailed application will be invited from the selected EoIs.
- 10 shortlisted applicants for Hackathon will be provided mentorship, incubation support (by the Clean Energy International Incubation Centre (CEIIC)) and a grant support for 5 lakhs each to work on expert feedback and produce prototypes.
- Detailed technical (lab) and controlled field testing of the products will be done to select the top 5 Finalists/solutions from the shortlisted ones (could be more, if more appear to be promising).
- Selected Finalists will get 10 lakhs each for design for manufacturing and product fabrication to deliver 5 final products.
- Detailed and participatory user acceptance trials will be conducted in the field and a due diligence reports by the experts will then be examined by the selection committee, subsequent to which proposal will be finally approved for the grant of the award.
- Once the two winners are announced, the deployment &monitoring of their solutions in the field and quality of after sales service will be supported by Social alpha and its partners.
- If for any reason the team decides to discontinue the project in the first 6 months, then all of the unutilized fund should be returned to BIRAC with immediate effect
For more information, visit https://innovate.mygov.in/birac/