The Active Citizens Fund Romania is inviting applications for its Round-2 Civic Activism and Advocacy to increase the involvement of citizens in watchdog, monitoring and advocacy activities at local and central level.
The call is launched under Outcome 1 of the Program – Democratic Culture and Enhanced Civic Awareness and covers two areas supported by the Active Citizens Fund Romania, “Democracy, Active Citizenship, Good Governance and Transparency” and “Environment and Climate Change”.
- Types of Grants:
- Medium Grants: Between 50,001 and 75,000 Euros;
- Big Grants: Between 75,001 and 150,000 Euros;
- Strategic Grants: Between 75,001 and 150,000 Euros.
- Financial Allocation:
- 2,100,000 Euro for Medium and Large Grants;
- 900,000 Euro for Strategic Grants.
- Medium and Large Grants:
- Measures to stimulate citizen involvement in watchdog, monitoring and advocacy activities carried out by NGOs are supported.
- Projects are also supported to enable citizens to become more active and accountable in influencing policies, upholding the rule of law, acting and reporting on violations of civil rights, identifying and reporting corruption, identifying and reporting false news, respecting freedom of expression or tackling climate change.
- Partnerships with other NGOs active in the same or complementary fields of activity, active at local level, as well as with other stakeholders are strongly encouraged.
- Environmental protection and climate change will only be supported as part of measures to promote civic participation, advocacy, social innovation and active citizenship.
- Strategic Grants:
- Networks / Coalitions / Platforms are supported in implementing long-term strategies in relevant areas of activity.
- Supported projects must include results in the following two directions:
- Systemic changes / maintaining the status quo in relevant areas of activity – continuing advocacy / monitoring actions at regional or national level, involvement in public policy making, monitoring of public institutions, developing dialogue and permanent relations with authorities and other stakeholders, and
- Capacity building – strengthening organizational efficiency (internal capacity) to better serve the interests of beneficiaries / members, supporters and the general public.
- Eligible applicants are exclusively the following:
- Non-governmental and non-profit organizations (NGOs), with Romanian nationality that have acquired legal personality, are organized and managed according to the provisions of Government Ordinance 26/2000 and / or Law 21/1924 on associations and foundations (with subsequent amendments and completions);
- The youth foundations at county and Bucharest level as well as the National Foundation for Youth established under Law 146/2002 (with subsequent amendments and completions);
- The Romanian National Red Cross Society established under Law 139/1995 (amended and supplemented by Law 524/2004) and its structures with legal personality.
- Eligible project partners:
- Projects can be implemented in partnership with Project Partners. Project partners will share the same values ??and economic or social objectives with those of the Applicant, which will be achieved through the implementation of the project. The partners will be actively involved and will effectively contribute to the implementation of the project.
- Partnership is not mandatory, but is encouraged, especially with Partners from Donor States. The following legal entities are eligible to be project partners: non-governmental organizations, public entities (such as local and central public bodies, public institutions / agencies, deconcentrated government services at local level, administrative units territorial, universities, etc.), as well as private entities (commercial or non-commercial), established as legal entities either in: Romania, Donor States (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Slovenia) and / or non-EU countries European Economic Area which have a common border with Romania (Moldova, Ukraine and Serbia), any international organization, its body or agency.
- Only the following entities are eligible to receive funding as Project Partners under the Program:
- NGOs that meet the eligibility requirements set for Applicants.
- International organizations, bodies or agencies thereof (international intergovernmental organizations or international non-governmental organizations);
- Public entities.
For more information, visit https://activecitizensfund.ro/apel-3-runda-2/