GCERF, in collaboration with the Accelerated Funding Panel in Sri Lanka, has announced a call for expressions of interest for Sri Lankan civil society organisations to become GCERF’s grantee and manage GCERF’s Accelerated Funding Programme (AFM).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Scope of Programme
- The selected organisation (Grantee) will be responsible for launching and managing a small grants programme implemented by grassroots organizations in Sri Lanka. The total value of the programme will be no greater than 950,000 USD for a period of maximum 24 months from the date of signature of the grant agreement between GCERF and the Grantee.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Small grants: The value of small grants (or sub-grants) may be between USD5,000 to USD100,000.
- Small grants that will be provided and managed under AFM in Sri Lanka will contribute but are not limited to supporting initiatives that:
- Strengthen critical thinking skills and counter hate speech through online and offline engagement with youth;
- Strengthen social cohesion through the promotion of communal harmony and PVE by engaging with Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim and Christian religious;
- Strengthen community agency through enhancing dialogue between security agencies and communities to promote tolerance, peaceful coexistence and PVE;
- Increase access to economic opportunities for vulnerable youth from different religious communities;
- Promote individual sense of purpose and critical thinking of youth in educational institutions (high school and university level) by strengthening relations between mainstream and religious educational institutions through inter-institutional activities; and
- Promote individual sense of purpose and critical thinking skills by providing digital literacy to youth.
- The grantee will provide small grants to community-based organizations to implement initiatives in communities with diverse ethnic and faith composition, with particular consideration to the districts of Colombo, Kalutara, and Kurunegala. Other geographical locations may be considered if their inclusion may significantly enhance the impact of PVE programmes and is strongly justified by the applicant.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The purpose of the Expression of Interest is to invite applicant for GCERF funding to demonstrate that it meets GCERF’s established prerequisites and possesses the requisite capabilities to manage small grants.
- Appropriate legal registration in Sri Lanka.
- Willingness and capacity to accept and fulfil the role of a Grantee (as described above)
- Sufficient and recent experience in making grants or subgrants to other organisations in Sri Lanka, with relevant staff expertise and systems (policies, processes and information systems)
- Experience with programming focused on PVE, peacebuilding, reconciliation and social cohesion.
- Experience and capacity to assess and enhance the capabilities of community-level sub-grantees.
- Recognised ability to comply with good programmatic, financial and administrative practices (statutory and donor audits, reputation).
- Experience and capacity in financial management and in the management of and accounting for international donor grant funding.
For more information, visit https://www.gcerf.org/apply-for-grants/call-for-application-sri-lanka/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.