Program Grants will be awarded from the U.S. Venture/Schmidt Family Foundation (USV/SFF) to help the disadvantaged, improve the quality of people’s lives, and strengthen our communities.
Consideration is given to needs that fulfill the Foundation’s mission within the following impact areas:
- Jobs & Economy
- Family Support & Social Connectedness
- Physical Health
- Psychological Health & Addiction
- Human Services
Program Grants will typically Fund
- Requests that demonstrate long-term results for a substantial number of people
- Organizations with clarity of mission and a strong focus on effective outcomes
- Organizations in good health, including financial stability, high caliber of staff and board
- Requests with support from a broad base of funding sources; U.S. Venture prefers not to be the sole funder of any one project or program
Typically Outside Program Grant Funding
- Grants to individuals or specific families, to underwrite conference expenses, or to fund medical procedures or research
- Events that occur before funding is awarded or previously incurred expenses
- Political organizations or causes
- Requests for support from schools or government agencies
- Annual meetings
- Religious organizations attempting to build membership or requiring specific religious affiliation for services rendered.
- Capital campaigns for schools, religious institutions, sports facilities and endowments
- Organizations outside the geographic footprint of U.S. Venture facilities and its team members
- Organizations eligible to receive grants from the USV/SFF are those determined by the IRS to be public charities, preferably those with 501(c)(3) status. The USV/SFF gives strong consideration to requests within giving guidelines that show documented support (email, letters of support, board membership, donor or volunteer activity) from a U.S. Venture team member or shareholder.
For more information, visit https://www.usventure.com/giving-back/us-venture-schmidt-family-foundation/program-grants/