The Youth Central and the Victorian Government are inviting applicants for its Victorian Youth Week 2021 Grants to support the delivery of events that showcase the talents, achievements and contributions of young people, assist young people to express their ideas and have their voices heard in their communities, and support their participation in planning and delivery of Youth Week 2021 events.
The Victorian Youth Week events are inclusive and accessible to all young people and support those who face additional barriers to community participation. Events that engage newly arrived young people, refugees and asylum seekers, Aboriginal young people, young people from diverse cultural backgrounds, rural and regional Victorians, young people with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and those facing social isolation and disadvantage are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful programs will be developed and delivered in partnership with young people and will need to focus on these objectives:
- Support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Victorian Youth Week 2021 activities;
- Promote positive images of young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contribution to the community;
- Assist young people to express their ideas and provide opportunities to have their voices heard within the community.
- Grants of $2,000 are available to councils, community organisations and schools to deliver events as part of Victorian Youth Week 2021.
- To be eligible for funding applicant must be either:
- a council
- a not for profit community organisation
- a school.
- And applicant event must:
- be developed and delivered in partnership with young people
- be accessible to people aged 12 to 25 in their local community
- take place during Victorian Youth Week from 26 June—2 July 2021
- be alcohol, smoke and drug free
- provide safe and secure environments for young people
- adhere to any corona-virus (COVID-19) restrictions current at time of delivery and demonstrate capacity to move online if required
- be covered by all appropriate insurance, including public liability insurance, for not less than $5 million.
For more information, visit https://www.youthcentral.vic.gov.au/victorian-youth-week-2021-grants