Deadline: 12 June 2020
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) announces an open competition for organizations interested in submitting applications in support of the goal of combatting corruption arising in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A competitive project will demonstrate substantial experience with anti-corruption programming, including on open government and public procurement issues; proven connections to a range of anti-corruption advocates and organizers, including local organizations, investigative media entities, and civil society organizations; and capacity to administer sub-grants in varied contexts to support national and transnational transparency and anti-corruption advocacy. DRL seeks a project that includes a responsive small grants component to support innovative anti-corruption initiatives that advance the outcomes outlined above in order to ensure local buy-in. Other illustrative project activities can include:
- Supporting civil society and media to foster public demand for accountability, including by shedding light on corrupt practices and engaging citizens and others regarding its impact;
- Mobilizing local civil society to advocate for transparent procurement standards and compliance with anti-corruption and competition laws;
- Advocating for the inclusion of transparency and anti-corruption measures in COVID-19- related emergency relief efforts to ensure resources go to support those most vulnerable and at risk;
- Partner with governments to enhance measures intended to increase transparency in public procurement;
- Promoting dialogue and joint actions among civil society, local communities, and other relevant stakeholders to strengthen community oversight and accountability of government response to COVID-19;
- Identify areas where existing procurement processes and government response to COVID-19 are inadequate to safeguarding against corruption and work with civil society, government, and regional and international experts to address those weaknesses.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Funding Floor: $1,000,000
- Funding Ceiling: $1,000,000
- Period of Performance: 24 – 36 months
- Anticipated Time to Award, Pending Availability of Funds: 4 – 5 months
DRL welcomes applications from U.S.-based and foreign-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO) and public international organizations; private, public, or state institutions of higher education; and for-profit organizations or businesses. DRL’s preference is to work with non-profit entities; however, there may be some occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327013