Deadline: 6 July 2017
The Results in Education for All Children (REACH) Trust Fund is seeking proposals for the 4th edition of its Knowledge, Learning and Innovation (KLI) Grant program with an aim to support efforts toward more and better education services, especially to those most excluded, by helping country systems focus more sharply on results.
The objective of the KLI Grants is to strengthen the evidence-base for the impact results-based financing can have on education systems. REACH will fund activities which contribute to this knowledge by:
- Supporting governments in establishing the conditions required for results-based financing of education systems
- Testing/piloting a theory of change about how financing based on results could be an effective innovation in a given context;
- Conducting impact evaluations on existing RBF activities to determine whether they have succeeded or failed and why.
The maximum budget for an activity financed through this call for proposals is expected to be $200,000.
- Proposals will be accepted for activities in all Bank client countries.
- This call will also include two additional criteria:
- the use of administrative data for decision-making
- equity issues
- Proposals should address the use of administrative data systems to assess/evaluate the impact of RBF, given that robust data is such an integral part of results-based approaches.
- Proposals should also be able to measure the equity impact of RBF given that RBF is often criticized for generating greater inequality by pulling focus away from the most difficult to reach and underserved populations in an effort to produce results in the aggregate.
- Examining how RBF can improve teacher training (in-service or pre-service) programs
- Looking at how RBF could incentivize better performing district/provincial/regional education offices
- Using RBF to better define and strengthen the role of school inspectors
- Developing RBF approaches that improve quality assurance systems for schools, for both state and non-state providers
The Trust Fund funds may be used to finance:
- Associated Overheads
- Consultants Fees Individuals with Indirect Costs and Firms
- Contractual Services
- Equipment and Office Premises Lease Cost
- Equipment Purchased
- Extended Term Consultants – with Indirect Costs
- Media, Workshops, Conference and Meeting
- Staff Costs – with Indirect Costs
- Temporary Support Staff Costs – with Indirect Costs
- Travel Expenses
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via website.
For more information, please visit REACH Trust Fund.