Deadline: 5 April 2018
The New York Life Foundation is inviting applications for its “Community Expansion Grants ” to award nonprofits that will expand and increase access for grief support services to underserved populations in local communities.
Amount and Range of Grants
The New York Life Foundation is providing community expansion grants during each grant cycle with the following number of grants and amounts:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- 5 – $15,000
- 3 – $50,000 ($25,000 a year for two years)
- 3 – $100,000 ($50,000 a year for two years)
50% of the children served must be from low-income families (defined as an annual family income 200 percent below the poverty line, eligible for free or reduced school lunch, or other public assistance).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
50% of the children must come from a minority household, For the purposes of this grant process, children and teens are considered from underrepresented populations if they fall into one or more of the following categories as described by the US Census Bureau: American Indian or Alaskan Native, Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islanders, Biracial or Multiracial.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Be a private, nonprofit U.S. based organization, with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, and which is not a private foundation
- Be in operation as a 501(c)3 for at least three consecutive years
- Grant request amount must not be greater than 10% of the organization’s most recent fiscal year actuals. (For example: An organization must have had $250,000 or more of expenses last year in order to apply for a $25,000 grant)
- Provide 990 tax returns for the past two years
- Provide a budget explaining how the requested funds will be used. Download a budget template and upload to your application.
- Currently serving bereaved youth
- Have at least one paid staff person
- Organizations can only submit to one RFP cycle per calendar year
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Eligible Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, Please visit New York Life Foundation.