Deadline: 1 April 2017
Nominations are open for World of Children Awards 2017 with an aim to provide funding and recognition to support life-changing work for children by discovering and elevating only the most effective change makers for children worldwide.
World of Children Award was created to recognize and elevate those selfless individuals who make a difference in the lives of children across the globe, regardless of political, religious or geographical boundaries. These courageous leaders recognize that children are the world’s most important asset.
World of Children Award honors these leaders and grants them funds to support the proven, sustainable, high-impact programs they have created for children. These Awards ensure that more children’s lives will be touched, improved and changed forever.
Award Categories and Information
- Education – minimum grant of $50,000
- Health – minimum grant of $50,000
- Humanitarian – minimum grant of $50,000
- Protection – minimum grant of $50,000
- Youth Award – minimum grant of $25,000
- Nominees must have full knowledge that they are being nominated.
- Nominees must be available to participate in the Annual Awards Ceremonies held in New York City, USA, if he or she is selected as an Honoree.
- Nominees must be nominated for one Award only. Individuals submitted for multiple categories will be disqualified.
- Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if Awarded.
- Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth.
- Only one individual from an organization can be nominated.
- Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children.
- Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment.
- World of Children Award excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position.
- The organization of individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian, or Protection Awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years.
- Individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian, or Protection Awards must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 10 years.
Specific Requirement for Youth Award Nominees:
- Youth Nominees can be nominated for the Youth Award only, and must be under the age of 21 by the nomination submission deadline to be eligible.
- The organization of individuals nominated for the Youth Award must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 3 years.
- Individuals nominated for the Youth Award must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can fill the nomination forms online via given website.
For more information, please visit World of Children Awards.