Applications are now open for the Child Rights and Why They Matter Course.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This online course aims to: raise the level of awareness and understanding of child rights and a child rights approach and why they are so important to UNICEF; stimulate interest, increase motivation and provide inspiration for all UNICEF personnel and partners globally; encourage an improved application of a child rights approach in practice by UNICEF personnel and partners.
This short course will transform and/or refresh your understanding of child rights and a child rights approach, introduce you to UNICEF’s mandate as it relates to child rights, and inspire you to apply a child rights lens to your everyday work and life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
This course is composed of a single, short, self-paced module. Each section introduces ‘key messages’ illustrated by colorful cartoons, followed by a short video providing more information. The videos feature UNICEF personnel and partners, children, teachers and members of the general public from around the world. The videos are available with or without audio description. A final activity encourages you to reflect on the learning for each section and, finally, the course as a whole.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
On completion of this course you will:
- Transform and/or refresh your awareness, understanding and appreciation of child rights and a child rights approach in a memorable and lasting way
- Describe child rights, and explain how a child rights approach differs from other approaches, such as child-focused/child-centred, charity and welfare approaches;
- Explain and describe UNICEF’s mandate as it relates to the promotion, protection and fulfilment of children’s rights;
- Describe UNICEF’s engagement in supporting implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- Communicate with partners and personnel about raising awareness and understanding of child rights and a child rights approach, thus cascading the training by word-of mouth;
- Start thinking about ways in which to apply what you have learned to your everyday work and life.
- It should take you about 75 minutes to complete.
- The course is suitable for all professionals interested in developing their knowledge of child rights.
For more information, visit https://kayaconnect.org/course/info.php?id=719
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.