Deadline: 4 June 2017
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Moldova is seeking proposals for its program entitled ”Inclusion of Children with Disabilities in Education in the Republic of Moldova” to put forth recommendations as to how to further promote inclusion in education.
UNICEF’s advocacy efforts and its support to the Ministry of Education, and also the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Labour, Social Protection and Family on promoting children’s right to education.
The focus of this analysis will be on the key benefits of inclusive education for children. A mixed-methods approach is sought, including a desk-review of existing materials; secondary analysis of the administrative data; key informant interviews and questionnaires.
- Analyse the situation on inclusive education against national commitments reflected in national inclusive education frameworks and determine to what extend the planned national results are achieved
- Document successes and innovative approaches of national efforts as well as barriers and bottlenecks for successful implementation of inclusive education
- Analyse the situation of children with disabilities integrated into regular classes/preschool groups, with specific focus on learning outcomes (selected sample of schools/pre-schools with high level of inclusion and low level of inclusion).
- Document and map the existing practices related to inclusion of children with disabilities in regular classes/preschool groups with particular attention to: best interests of the child, individual approach and child centred education, training of teachers/educators and support provided to parents, involvement and efficiency of support services and monitoring of situation of the integrated child, availability of quality teaching /sufficiently qualified professionals and adequate equipment and learning materials for such children in schools (selected sample of schools/pre-schools with high level of inclusion and low level of inclusion)
- Identify teachers’ and parents’ practices supporting or hindering inclusion of children in regular classes/preschool groups (selected sample of schools/pre-schools with high level of inclusion and low level of inclusion).
- Assess, based on the methodology and tools used in previous studies (2009 and 2013), the teachers’, parents’/caregivers’ and pupils’ opinions about inclusion of children with different disabilities and of children with special educational needs in regular classes/preschool groups and draw conclusions on perceptions
- Provide concrete recommendations for further policy review, capacity building of professionals, better support, monitoring and evaluation of learning outcomes for children with disabilities in different educational settings.
- Research/consultancy company with human/child rights and education profile (specialization in inclusive education is a strong asset);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in research and consulting;
- Previous research/consultancy in relevant child rights/education areas (samples of previous work, copies of report summaries will have to be presented);
- Previous work with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an asset.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via post or email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Moldova
For more information, please visit Request for Proposals.