Deadline: 21 January 2017
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for its Afghan Children Read (ACR) Program with an aim to improve equitable access to education and generate measurable reading outcomes for girls and boys in Afghanistan.
The key objective for the grants program is to increase local advocacy for prioritizing early grade reading in schools and communities, while supporting increased access to school.
- Strengthen systems and procedures at central, provincial and district-level MoE departments to execute the Afghan Children Read Program interventions in targeted provinces;
- Support the enhancement and implementation of policies, standards, and benchmarks that help improve early grade reading instruction in public and community based education classrooms;
- Support the strengthening of policies and plans for the integration of CBE classes into the formal MoE education structure;
- Develop, implement, test, and refine an evidence-based EGR curriculum and instruction program targeting grades one to three that improves student reading skills in Dari and Pashto;
- Improve MoE capacity to roll out and implement the Afghan Children Read Program at scale including the management of requisite human and financial resources;
- Partner with parents, school shuras, communities, the private sector, and non-traditional actors to support MoE EGR priorities.
- Grants may be awarded on either a solicited or unsolicited basis. The minimum requirements for grant applications are:
- Be officially registered and working in compliance with all applicable civil and fiscal regulations, including, but not limited to pertinent local laws and status. In lieu of official registration, a grantee may show proof of effort to secure registration, exemption from registration, or show cause why such registration is either not optional or practicable.
- Meet the projects goals and objectives.
- Contribute to all or any of the project objectives and principles.
- Contain expected outcomes and results consistent with and linked to the project’s objectives.
- Eligible Partner
- U.S Non-Governmental Organizations (U.S. NGOs)
- Non-US Non-Governmental Organizations (Non-US NGOs)
- International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs)
- Community Based Organization (CBOs)
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Private Enterprises
- Regional Entities
- Public International Organizations (PIOs)
- Professional Associations
- Host Government Entities including schools, CBE classes, PEDs, DEDs, and TTCs will receive in kind
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their Expression of Interest via post or email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Afghan Children Read Program.