Deadline: 20 July 2020
Through grants for public advocacy at the local level, the ACT project supports local initiatives, advocates for better provision of public services, successful networking and seeks to ensure the further development of a culture of civic and political dialogue. Two Calls for Grants for Advocacy Grants at the local level are envisaged.
The aim of this call is to empower civil society to participate more efficiently and actively in the decision-making process and policy-making through advocacy activities, as well as to mobilize citizens’ support and represent their interests in the decision-making process, especially at the local level.
The CSOs whose project proposals are selected will also become beneficiaries of a specially designed and tailored program of capacity building and development, skills and knowledge improvement in areas such as citizen mobilization / involvement and advocacy. Capacity development in these areas will include a group and / or individual approach aimed at enhancing advocacy capacity as well as enabling supported CSOs to connect more with citizens and expand social influence on topics relevant to local communities.
The ACT project plans to support up to 8 organizations through this Call. The amount of individual financial support is up to 1,400,000.00 dinars .
- Applications for a local advocacy grant can be submitted by CSOs active in the priority areas of the call:
- citizen involvement and mobilization
- monitoring the implementation of laws and policies
- gender equality and related topics
- social inclusion and marginalized groups
- human and civil rights
- environmental protection
- good management.
- CSOs based in Serbia must be registered in accordance with the Law on Associations or the Law on Foundations and Endowments.
- The applicants are CSOs that inherit the values of democracy, human rights, transparency, inclusion, gender equality, non-violence, openness and accessibility.
- Also, the applicants are CSOs whose development principles include direct work with citizens and their involvement, strategic planning, are based on human rights, motivation and commitment of management to development at the local level, are focused on results and sustainability.
For more information, visit https://act.org.rs/srl/grants/grantovi-za-javno-zagovaranje-na-lokalnom-nivou/