Deadline: 8 June 2020
The Office for Co-operation with Civil Society of the Government of the Republic of Serbia, in co-operation with the Council of Europe Office Belgrade has launched a public call for civil society organisations for participation in the Training for trainers on HELP (Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals) methodology.
The training is organised within the joint European Union and the Council of Europe action on “Strengthening the effective legal remedies to human rights violations in Serbia”. The aim of this public call is to make a selection through a public and transparent process by the 25th representatives of CSOs who will participate in the Training for HELP Methodology Trainers (with a special focus on the HELP course on the topic of the conditions of admissibility of the petition before European Court of Human Rights).
The public call is intended for CSOs operating in one of the following areas:
- promotion and protection of human rights
- the rule of law
Associations and other civil society organizations have the right to participate in the Public Invitation established and registered in accordance with the positive regulations of the Republic of Serbia, which operate in one of areas identified by this public call.
Tasks / Activities
Tasks / activities of civil society organizations (CSOs) within the project include:
- Nomination of up to two candidates, representatives of CSOs, who, if elected, participate in the Training for trainers;
- Participation in the Training for Trainers to be held from 24 to 26 June 2020;
- Attendance of the HELP course Conditions for admissibility of the application submitted to the European Court for human rights, as part of the preparation for the Training for Trainers;
- Upon completion of the training, successful participants will receive a certificate and be placed on list of HELP certified trainers.
Upon completion of the training, the participants will be able to understand the HELP programme and its mission, as well as the role of HELP tutors within national or regional courses:
- to identify the training needs of specific groups, align HELP training materials with the national legal framework and the needs of a specific group;
- to identify topics that need to be developed in accordance with the special needs of a particular group;
- to develop training material in line with the HELP methodology; to conduct HELP courses one-on-one, long-distance or combined; to design educational programmes based on the HELP curriculum model;
- to use the HELP training platform to facilitate HELP courses remotely and use the resources provided by the courses; to evaluate trainings.
The Training for trainers will be held from 24 June to 26 June 2020. The organiser of the training reserves the right to organise the training remotely (online) if necessary due to the assessment of the situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
CSOs proposing candidates must meet the following criteria:
- established at least one year before the publication of this public invitation;
- established goals in one of the areas by the founding act;
- have previous experience in conducting activities in last 3 years;
- have a legal educational profile;
- desirable to have previous experience in capacity building, in last 3 years (organization of trainings, seminars and other forms) capacity building by the organization, i.e participation of representatives organizations in trainings of other organizers);
- desirable that they have previous experience of legal representation in cases human rights violations before domestic courts and / or before the European Court of Human Rights human rights or intend to make it one of their future activities.
For more information, visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/belgrade/-/call-for-civil-society-organisations-participation-in-the-training-for-trainers-on-the-european-programme-on-human-rights-education-for-legal-professi