Deadline: 18 September 2017
The Financial Mechanism Office, the secretariat of the EEA and Norway Grants is seeking applications for its Active Citizens Fund in Portugal in order to develop the long-term sustainability and capacity of the civil society sector, with the aim of strengthening its role in promoting democratic participation, active citizenship and human rights.
The objective of the Programme is ‘Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered’.
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- Gender equality and gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change
In Portugal, the allocation to the Active Citizens Fund (the civil society programme) is 11,000,000 EUR.
- In order to be eligible for the Fund Operatorrole, all organisations submitting a bid (Lead and Co-Bidders) must:
- Be legal entities in the EEA and
- Be non-governmental, independent of local, regional and central government, political parties and religious institutions and
- Form a consortium and
- Have stable and sufficient sources of finance to maintain their activity throughout the Programme and
- Have experience working with the civil society sector in the beneficiary country
- The lead bidder must:
- Be non-profit making with a non-commercial purpose
- At least one organisation in the consortium bidder must:
- Have sufficient re-granting experience
- Have sufficient experience in strengthening civil society capacity and sustainability
How to Apply
Applicants can apply through the given website.
For more information, please visit Active Citizens Fund.