Deadline: 13 December 2017
The International House of Japan and the Japan Foundation is jointly inviting applications for its Asia Leadership Fellow Program (ALFP) 2018 with an aim to create a close, personal and professional network of public intellectuals in Asia, deeply rooted in and committed to civil society beyond their own cultural, disciplinary and geopolitical backgrounds.
The ALFP believes that the fellows’ critical voices against the status quo and proposals for alternative solutions will lead to the development of new norms and value-orientations for the future of the region and beyond.
There is no prescribed set of professions for an ALFP fellow; the professions of past fellows include, but are not limited to, academia, journalism, business, national and local politics, education, administration, the arts, publications, and NGO and non-profit activities.
- The ALFP is open to citizens of Northeast, Southeast and South-Asian countries and regions,aged 35 to 59, inclusive.
- Applicants must have a good command of English to engage in deep and substantial discussions in English.
- Applicants need to have a solid background in their own professions and have access to a wide audience in their country or region through publications, teaching, media, performance, etc. to disseminate their thoughts and findings.
- The organisers recommend applications especially from:
- those who have built a career in a certain field and would like to go to the next stage by connecting with people from other fields and ideas.
- those who believe that society can change but are searching for the realistic means.
- those who are active in tackling social issues yet see limitations in seeking a solution in one’s own country and would like to learn from people with a different cultural background but a kindred spirit.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
For more information, please visit Asia Leadership Fellow Program 2018.