Deadline: 19 August 2018
Applications are open for Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Fellowship Program which is inspired by the Potsdam Memorandum’s call to gather all sources of ingenuity and inspiration from academia, politics, business and civil society to address the sustainability challenges of their time.
The fellows are a key resource for the institute; they support our research, improve their transdisciplinary methodology, and, together with our researchers, reach out to political, economic and social actors.
The Fellowship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified people from academia, the business world, and civil society to the institute, who provide expertise, inspiration, and creative input. In return, the IASS offers fellows the opportunity to develop their ideas in an international community of world-class researchers, within the institute as well as in the wider research landscape of Potsdam and Berlin. The fellows are actively supported in their endeavours to make new connections and to develop new ideas and activities together with IASS researchers.
- Theories and methodologies of how to link transformation and transformative research
- Concepts and methodologies for collecting and measuring societal impact of transformation research
- Fellows receive a financial compensation intended to cover their additional costs of living during their stay in Germany.
- The compensation is oriented towards the salary scheme of the German academic system and scaled according to the relative experience of the successful applicant. Upon request, the IASS also provides limited resources, such as travel funding, publication fees or support for events.
- The IASS seeks individuals from all disciplines and areas of society, including politicians, journalists and artists.
- Applications with a thematic focus on the broader sustainability topics that the IASS is currently addressing are also welcomed.
- Fellowships are open for individuals in all career stages and can be combined with sabbaticals.
- The minimum requirement for academic applicants is a Ph.D.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit IASS.