Deadline: 15 March 2020
The French Embassy in Nigeria has launched a call for proposals to support projects from local Civil Society Organizations through the new development fund called “Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors” (PISCCA) in 2020.
PISCCA fund is an instrument from the French Embassy in Nigeria to support projects from Nigerian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). It aims at funding small-scale, medium-scale and innovative projects and local initiatives carried out by civil society organizations.
Since last year, the Embassy of France is implementing a new 2019-2020 PISCCA. In 2019, seven different projects have been supported addressing the promotion of women’s rights, sport and disabled people’s rights or even peacebuilding process across several states in Nigeria.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The underlying principle of PISCCA is to encourage innovative projects carried out by motivated small and medium-sized CSOs that are showing potential for growth, strive to implement new ideas and want to make a difference in their community.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Therefore, PISCCA aims at funding small-scale projects and local initiatives which contribute to the following objectives:
- bring concrete and positive changes in the life of the beneficiaries and communities;
- strengthen the capacities of both beneficiaries and the Nigerian civil society;
- promote social, economic, political, cultural rights and sustainable development;
- foster networking and synergies between stakeholders on the field.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Socio-economic development and professional integration of women and young people.
- Promotion of human rights, inclusive participation to the public life and citizen involvement.
The following activities will be key priorities during the selection process:
- activities aimed at reducing gender inequalities, promoting combat against gender-based violence and gender stereotypes;
- activities aimed at mitigating the negative impacts of climate change and environmental degradation;
- Transversal projects and activities that fall under more than one priority area.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The contribution by PISCCA should be between 50 000 € and 100 000€.
- The timeframe for the project should be maximum 6 months (from May to October 2020).
- The expected contribution of the applicant should be at least 10% of the total cost of the project (material contributions or in terms of human resources of the applicant).
- Applicants to this Fund must be member of a Nigerian Civil Society organization (associations, local and international NGOs, cooperatives), especially organizations supported by women or young people, or any non-profit-making legal person governed by private law, officially registered for at least 24 months by the Nigerian authorities.
- Entities that have already carried out concrete activities in the sector for which this grant is requested.
- Each organization can only submit one project.
The program strongly encourages synergies, partnerships and coalitions of actors, including more experienced organizations, community groups or local authorities. Transversal projects that falls under more than one priority area are strongly encouraged as well.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The sustainable emergence of a competent network of local CSOs capable of contributing to social cohesion between generations, women and men, different nationalities or ethnic groups coexisting in the same neighborhood, village or city;
- The Nigerian civil society thus enhances its leading role in defining priorities and development strategies;
- The Nigerian civil society is able to raise citizen actions that support socio-economic development, especially regarding youth and gender equality issues;
- The Nigerian civil society reinforces its commitment to promote and address human rights and gender issues;
- The Nigerian civil society reinforces its commitment to promote the fight against climate change and address environmental issues;
The French Embassy’s Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department is in charge of the first examination of the proposals and will check the following elements to ensure the preselected proposals meet all the requirements:
- The nature of the project must be aligned with PISCCA’s main objectives and priorities;
- The proposal meets all the eligibility criteria and financial conditions;
- The total duration of the project may not exceed 6 months;
- The proposal includes a gendered approach and/or is addressing climate change issue;
- The applicant is well acquainted with the specific local context and have a previous experience in implementing similar projects;
- The projects have an innovative approach and the willingness to coordinate its implemented activities with development actors and public policies;
- The budget of the project is realistic and the project is cost-effective to ensure its sustainability;
- The development of innovative partnerships between structures from different sectors as well as cofinancing will be valued criteria.
How to Apply
To apply, please download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://ng.ambafrance.org/Call-for-proposals-to-support-small-scale-projects-in-Nigeria