Deadline: 23 February 2017
The Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) is inviting eligible organizations to submit Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for its Mediterranean Basin Biodiversity Hotspot. CEPF will manage a program of grants for civil society organizations to promote conservation of biodiversity in the Mediterranean Basin Biodiversity Hotspot.
- Support civil society to engage stakeholders in demonstrating integrated approaches for the preservation of biodiversity in coastal areas
- Support the sustainable management of water catchments through integrated approaches for the conservation of threatened freshwater biodiversity
- Promote the maintenance of traditional land use practices necessary for the conservation of Mediterranean biodiversity in priority corridors of high cultural and biodiversity value
- Strengthen the engagement of civil society to support the conservation of plants that are critically endangered or have highly restricted ranges
- Strengthen the regional conservation community through the sharing of best practices and knowledge among grantees across the hotspot
- Provide strategic leadership and effective coordination of CEPF investment through a regional implementation team
The amount of the final grant award may be less than US $1,650,000 if the proposing organization is not able to provide all services requested.
- CEPF now seeks Expressions of Interest from eligible parties, which include non-governmental organizations, community groups, private enterprises, and other civil society applicants. Organizations must have their own bank account and be authorized under relevant national laws to receive charitable contributions.
- Government-affiliated enterprises or institutions are eligible only if they can demonstrate that the enterprise or institution:
- has a legal personality independent of any government agency or actor
- has the authority to apply for and receive private funds
- may not assert a claim of sovereign immunity.
How to Apply
Expressions of interest should be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestine, Spain, Slovenia, Syria, Turkey, Tunisia.
For more information, please download the pdf Mediterranean Basin Biodiversity Hotspot.