Deadline: 31 July 2017
The Innovation for Change Initiative, co-implemented by Counterpart International, Inc., is accepting applications for its Small Innovation Grants to disseminate information to the regional hubs so they may develop and submit applications for Innovation for Change funding.
Innovation for Change provides customized support to each hub based on their area of need and interest and simultaneously builds a global architecture of resources and platforms to enhance networking and knowledge sharing among civil society incubators and other key stakeholders across all regions.
The Innovation for Change Initiative’s goal is to support the start-up and operationalization of regional innovation hubs in 6 regions globally: Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Africa, South Asia (SA), Central Asia (CA), and East Asia and Pacific (EAP).
Objectives (Not Limited)
- Activities with limited potential to scale and poor demonstration of cost-effectiveness.
- Activities that cannot be linked to measurable development impacts.
- Administrative meetings.
- Basic research without potential for regional/interregional scaling and practical application of research findings.
- Activities that that appear to focus on an individual organization, rather than more broadly benefit organizations in the region.
Grant duration shall be for up to two (2) months and grant amount should not exceed USD $45,000 (in a local currency equivalent).
Counterpart will accept applications from organizations that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a formally constituted organization, recognized by and in good standing with a regional hub and civil society, and have its principle place of business in one of the hubs regions.
- Work in coordination and cooperation with other hub members.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit concept notes via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit http://www.counterpart.org/rfa-small-innovation-grants/