Deadline: 18 August 2017
The program Parceria Civica para Boa Governação (PCBG) implemented by Counterpart International (CPI), with funds from the US Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking proposals from local and national Mozambican Organizations/Associations to improve accountable and effective democratic governance by strengthening the impact of civic activism in Mozambique.
- More effective advocacy by partner CSOs in target sectors.
- Strengthened organizational performance by partner CSOs.
- It is anticipated that each grant award will range between USD $75,000 – $400,000.
- The duration of programs funded is for a minimum period of 18 months and up to 32 months from the date of award but no later than December 2019.
Target Sectors and Thematic Areas
- Improving quality of basic education
- Health (retention and adherence)
- HIV&AIDS Care and Treatment
- Sustainable use of Marine biodiversity to support human wellbeing/life
- Climate change
- Climate Change and Vulnerability
- Extractive industry
- Transparency and accountability in the extractive industry
- Good Governance
- Engagement of citizens in governance processes
- Crosscutting themes and key principles
- Gender Integration and Social Inclusion (GISI)
- Partnerships and local ownership
- Networking and alliance building
- Capacity development
- Evidence based advocacy
- Be legally registered, formally constituted non-profit Mozambican entity with valid registration certificate.
- Organizations that are in good standing with appropriate Mozambican and International Law including terrorism regulations as defined by the United States and United Nations.
- Only concept notes that address the defined geographical scope and thematic areas listed in the APS will be accepted.
How to Apply
Interested CSOs must submit the concept notes in Portuguese and/ or English via electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Mozambique
For more information, please visit Civic Activism in Mozambique.