Deadline: 1 March 2017
The European Commission-Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) is seeking proposals for its “Europe for Citizens Programme” under the Civil Society Projects 2017 with an aim to promote peace, its values and the well-being of its peoples by stimulating debate, reflection and development of networks.
The general objectives are:
- to contribute to citizens’ understanding of the Union, its history and diversity;
- to foster European citizenship and to improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at Union level.
Types of Grants
- Strand 1: European remembrance: Raise awareness of remembrance, common history and values and the Union’s aim.
- Strand 2: Democratic engagement and civic participation: Encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level.
- Measures in this strand are:
- Town Twinning
- Networks of Towns
- Civil Society Projects
- Maximum eligible grant for a project: 150 000 EUR
- Maximum project duration is 24 months.
- Legal status: The applicants and partners must be either public bodies or non-profit organisations with legal personality
- The applicants and partners must be established in one of the countries participating to the Programme. At least one EU Member State must be involved.
- The Programme is open to the 28 Member States of the European Union (mentioned below)
- Potentially participating countries: The Programme is potentially open to the following categories of countries provided that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commission.
- acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates, in accordance with the general principles and general terms and conditions for the participation of those countries in Union programmes established in the respective Framework Agreements, Association Council Decisions or similar Agreements;
- the EFTA countries party to the EEA Agreement, in accordance with the provisions of that Agreement.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Civil Society Projects 2017.