Deadline: 3 July 2019
In order to increase the activities and impact of civil society organisations from Montenegro, Serbia, B&H, North Macedonia and Albania in the environmental protection through networking strengthening their capacities and promoting green economy, Eko-svest is implementing a project GEAR – Green Economy for Advanced Region in partnership with organisations SMART Kolektiv from Serbia, Centre for support and development from B&H, FORS Montenegro, Eden Center from Albania and Association Slap from Croatia.
The main activities of the project include trainings for representatives of civil society organisations on green economy, public advocacy and lobbying, participation in decision making, monitoring of public policies, project cycle management, etc., familiarisation with good practice models in green economy and green entrepreneurship through study visit to EU and presentations organised in the target countries, sub-granting for civil society organisations, regional conferences on green economy and green entrepreneurship, development of a Study on possibilities for the development of green economy in the target region, etc.
- The Overall objective of this Call for proposals is to increase the contribution of local civil society organisation in the field of environmental protection in target countries.
- Specific objectives:
- To strengthen local CSOs through capacity building and implementation of their initiatives
- To increase the knowledge and awareness on the importance on green economy, green entrepreneurship and work of civil society organisations
- The overall indicative amount available for financial support to civil society organisations for implementation of their projects under this Call for proposals is 30,000 EUR.
- Any grant requested for individual projects must fall between the following amounts:
- Minimum amount of the grant EUR 5,000
- Maximum amount of the grant EUR 6.000
The planned duration of a project may not be lower than 6 months nor exceed 12 months.
Place of implementation
Project activities must be implemented on the territory of North Macedonia.
Eligible Sectors or Themes
This Call is intended for civil society organisations working in one or several of the following thematic areas:
- Sustainable development, environmental protection and climate changes
- Socio-economic development
- Social policies and services
- Youth work and policies
- Rural development
- Capacities of local CSOs for preparation and development of project improved;
- At least 25 environmental projects implemented by local CSOs;
- Work and importance of local CSOs promoted among general public.
Organisations registered in accordance with the existing laws of North Macedonia, which fulfil the following conditions have the right to apply within this Call:
- Be legal persons and
- Be non profit making and
- be civil society organisations and
- be nationals of North Macedonia
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action and
- be registered 6 months prior to the deadline for submissions of project proposals.
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with their co-applicant(s) not acting as an intermediary.
- work in the above mentioned following areas: Sustainable development, environmental protection and climate change, Socio-economic development, Education, Social policies and services, youth work and policies, volunteering, rural development and similar.
How to Apply
Application package (in one envelope) and supporting documents (in another envelope) jointly put in one sealed envelope must be submitted by hand delivery or by post at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://ekosvest.com.mk/povik/