Deadline: 26 September 2016
The Embassy of France in South Africa is seeking proposals for its Civil Society Development Fund with an aim to build capacity, autonomy and accountability among local stakeholders, i.e. regional communities and grassroots civil society organisations, agricultural production associations, neighbourhood associations, women, parents schooling bodies.
- To assess the results obtained by the 11 micro-projects;
- To capture case studies and draw lessons from 6 projects;
- To assess the management of the Civil Society Development fund;
- To advise on future cooperation sectors.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Four organisations focus their work on improving local governance, public participation and access to basic services with a specific focus on sustainable development of communities and social cohesion:
- Open Democracy Advice Centre
- Freedom of Expression Institute
- Lesidi la Batho
- African Diaspora Forum
- The seven others organisations are active in promoting respect for human rights, especially those of women, children, LGBTI persons, migrants and foreigners:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Be (an) experienced professional(s) in the field of development projects.
- Have performed evaluations successfully for international development organizations.
- Have a good knowledge of South African social public policies and of South African NGO sectors.
- Have a sound knowledge of issues around local governance and public participation.
- Being able to understand French is recommended.
Interested applicants should submit the documents via email at the address given on the website
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- a short letter emphasizing experiences and qualification related to the evaluation
- A list of references (name and contact details)
- A financial proposal including travel expenses and field work
- A technical proposal (6 pages max) explaining his/her understanding of the terms of reference and outlining the preliminary design of the evaluation, including methods to use with respect to the context, activities, issued raised, players, and an approximate timetable.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit Civil Society Development Fund.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.