Deadline: 12 January 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for programme entitled “Civil Society Organisations in Development in Cambodia 2016” with an objective to support CSOs contribution to the achievement of national development goals in Cambodia.
The programme is divided into two lots:
- Lot 1: Women/girls empowerment and prevention of gender based violence.
- Lot 2: Access to natural resources and sustainable management of forestry sector.
- Lot 1: To improve gender equality and the lives of girls and women through advocacy and outreach.
- Lot 2: To enhance the capacities of the most marginalised and vulnerable groups in participate in national policy dialogue and in claiming their rights to access and manage natural resources.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Lot 1:
- minimum amount: EUR 500,000
- maximum amount: EUR 1,500,000
- Lot 2:
- minimum amount: EUR 500,000
- maximum amount: EUR 2,250,000
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be civil society organisation and
- be established in Cambodia or in a Member State of the European Union or in the OECD in the countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
- Priority will be given to CSOs from Cambodia in order to strengthen their capacity. CSOs from Member States of the EU, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and countries of the European Economic Area (EEA) are encouraged insofar their experience adds value, and upon conditions that their actions respond to a local demand and to locally identified needs, and include support to local partners (e.g. through mentoring, peer support, joint advocacy, and not least through direct financial support).
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicants established in Cambodia, a Member State of the European Union, in the OECD, or in the countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area must have a minimum of at least two CSOs established in Cambodia as co- applicants.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.