Deadline: 6 October 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “CSO Partnerships and Networks on Strengthening Cooperation between Public Sector and CSOs Grant Scheme (CSPN)” to support the development of civil society through more active democratic participation in policy and decision making processes.
The objectives of this call for proposals are to strengthen the capacities of and networking among organised active citizens / CSOs and the cooperation between public sector and CSOs.
- Enabling legal and financial environment for organized active citizens and CSOs;
- Strengthening cooperation between CSOs and public sector;
- Improving governance and institutional capacities of CSOs.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 250.000 and EUR 500.000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Turkey or an eligible country according to the IPA Regulation
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the Action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- be CSOs from Turkey (associations; foundations; federations and confederations of associations or foundations ) active
- be CSOs from EU Member States or other eligible countries except Turkey (associations; foundations; federations and confederations of associations or foundations; associations or foundations or federations or confederations established as non-profit companies/charitable organizations ).
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicants and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with at least two co-applicants as specified hereafter.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant. Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant himself.In addition to the categories referred to in section 2.1.1, the following institutions are also eligible co-applicants:
- Affiliated entities: The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies).
- Only the following entities may be considered as affiliated entities to the lead applicant and/or to co-applicant(s): Only entities having a structural link with the applicants (i.e. the lead applicant or a co-applicant), in particular a legal or capital link.
- This structural link encompasses mainly two notions:
- Control, as defined in Directive 2013/34/EU on the annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain types of undertakings:
- Entities affiliated to an applicant may hence be:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
- Membership, i.e. the applicant is legally defined as a e.g. network, federation, association in which the proposed affiliated entities also participate or the applicant participates in the same entity (e.g. network, federation, association) as the proposed affiliated entities.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, Turkey.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.