Deadline: 25 April 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) Country-Based Support Scheme (CBSS) 2016 & 2017” in order to strengthen the role of Palestinian civil society (CS) in the promotion and monitoring of human rights to increase the ownership of the local NGOs and support their own initiatives as to build their project management capacities as well as their capacities in promoting human rights and democracy.
The programme is divided into two lots:
- LOT 1: EUR 2,500,000- Support to EU Human Rights Priorities
- Ensure respect for the following human rights fundamental freedoms: Freedoms of Association/Assembly and expression.
- Promote and protect the rights of vulnerable groups (in particular children, women victims of violence, disabled and the elderly) and the principle of non-discrimination.
- Promote respect for international human rights and humanitarian law (IHL) through observance, monitoring and advocacy actions.
- Fight against torture and other forms of ill-treatment (prevention, rehabilitation, accountability and mobilization of public support against torture).
- LOT 2: EUR 900,000- Support to effective reporting and implementation of international human rights instruments and conventions
- Promote coordinated effective monitoring, reporting, knowledge management and implementation of international treaties, agreements, instruments and conventions to which Palestine has acceded, including inclusive capacity building initiatives.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- LOT 1:
- Minimum amount: EUR 400,000
- Maximum amount: EUR 500,000
- LOT 2:
- Minimum amount: EUR 200,000
- Maximum amount: EUR 300,000
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be a specific type of organisation such as civil society organisations, including non-governmental organisations, community-based organizations, charitable society organisations, or private sector non-profit agencies, institutions, universities and organisations or public sector non-profit agencies, institutions, universities and organizations or networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level; and
- have its Headquarters in Palestine, be officially registered with the competent authorities and established at least 2 years before the launching date of this Call; and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary .
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
- If awarded the grant contract, the lead applicant will become the beneficiary identified as the Coordinator. The Coordinator is the main interlocutor of the Contracting Authority. It represents and acts on behalf of any other co-beneficiary (if any) and coordinate the design and implementation of the action.
- For LOT 1: participation is open to all countries.
- For LOT 2: participation is open to the eligible countries/territories/beneficiaries for the ENI, of the PRAG “Eligibility programmes 2014-2020”.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.