Deadline: 10 May 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Reinforcing Civil Society in Armenia” with an aim to enhance the role of civil society in promoting EU-Armenia cooperation and monitoring reforms and increasing public accountability in areas covered by the EU-Armenia agreements.
- Increase monitoring capacity of civil society
- Increase public accountability
- Reinforce civil society through financial diversification
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 150,000 and EUR 400,000.
Actions must take place in Armenia.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 18 months nor exceed 24 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental non-profit organisations, foundation, community-based organisations and private sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in Armenia and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ties), not acting as an intermediary and
- The partnership should contain at least one partner (lead applicant or co applicant) registered in Armenia
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Armenia.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.