Deadline extended till 8 August 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Measures to Support Trinidad and Tobago Civil Society Organisations” with an aim to improve the democratic governance of the country by strengthening civil society institutional capacity and supporting their participation in the national development process.
The objective of this Call for Proposals is:
- to facilitate the involvement and contribution of CSOs to participate effectively in the decision making processes and implementation of national and local policies
- specifically in the policy areas of business (and issues related to the economy) and environment (including climate change).
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 400,000 and EUR 450,000.
Actions must take place in Trinidad and Tobago.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be an intermediate sized specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Trinidad and Tobago
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Trinidad and Tobago.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.