Deadline: 9 July 2018
Europe Foundation (EPF) has announced a call for proposals aimed at promoting participatory civic monitoring and advocacy in Georgia under the Foundation’s Engage and Monitor for Change program.
The call is designed to foster active and informed participation of Georgian community groups, CSOs, and media outlets in the political and economic decision-making in their regions by building capacity of civic groups, encouraging monitoring and evaluation of policy reforms, and facilitating public discussions and network building.
The goal of the grant program is to support civic monitoring and advocacy efforts in various spheres of life, through fostering cooperation between CSOs and media outlets, so that together they contribute to inclusive decision making and responsive public policies.
The primary objectives of the call are as follows:
- Support initiatives that foster dialogue between civil society and public authorities to improve public transparency and accountability, quality of public policies and programs, or delivery of public services;
- Promote lasting partnerships among CSOs, community groups, and the media in the process of monitoring and advocacy;
- Build capacity of local communities to take action to effect positive change.
The maximum grant award for each proposal is GEL 40,000
- Non-profit civil society organizations legally registered as well as networks and coalitions of CSOs, community groups, and local media in Georgia are eligible to submit proposals for the call. Media outlets can take part in the call only in partnership with qualified CSOs.
- Civil servants, members of the current parliament, staff of the public broadcaster, and/or leaders and members of political parties cannot participate in a grant project as a grant remunerated participant.
- Interested applicant can submit one proposal within a call.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may submit full application by email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Georgia
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.