Deadline: 24 April 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals for its Civil Society Organisations Programme, China 2017 to reinforce capacities of Chinese CSOs and their role in social services delivery and social policy. The global objective of this Call for Proposals is enhancing Chinese CSO’s contributions to governance and development process in China.
The sectorial focus of the call for proposals will be social protection and social cohesion, i.e. actions aimed at protecting the economic and social rights of the Chinese people in line with international standards and with particular focus on vulnerable groups.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 750.000 and EUR 1.250.000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be non-governmental organisation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in a contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, or in People’s Republic of China and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter:
- Lead applicants established in China may act individually or with co-applicant (s )
- Lead applicant that is not established in China must act together with at least one coapplicantas CSO established in China.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, China.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.