Deadline: 7 May 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Support to Civil Society Organisations under the Civil Society Facility Action 2016-2017” with an aim to enhance CSOs’ effectiveness, transparency and accountability, as well as their impact on improved freedom of opinion and expression, fight against corruption and CSOs’ cooperation with municipalities in addressing the needs of Roma community.
Lots & Objectives
- Lot 1: Strengthening civil society horizontal measures
- Strengthening the effectiveness, transparency and accountability of civil society organisations;
- Enabling financial environment and sustainability of civil society organisations;
- Strengthening the cooperation between the Government, civil society and other stakeholders;
- Lot 2: Freedom of Expression and Opinion
- Support promotion of the right to hold opinions without interference, the right to freedom of expression and its legal limitations vis-à-vis hate speech;
- Capacity-building and awareness raising on state’ obligation to protect and ensure the rights to freedom of opinion and expression, promoting laws and practices that protect freedom of opinion and expression;
- Stimulated culture of pluralistic opinions, democratic values, critical thinking and inter-cultural tolerance.
- Lot 3: Supporting civil society in fight against corruption
- Improved involvement of civil society in anti-corruption policy and law making, and in advocating better implementation of anti-corruption policy
- Strengthening the role of civil society in impartial watchdog and monitoring activities, including raising citizens’ awareness about corruption and generating zero tolerance to corruption in the society.
- Lot 4: Supporting cooperation of local self-governments and civil society in addressing needs of Roma community
- Reducing multiple exclusion factors of individuals from Roma ethnic minority community for their sustainable integration in the labour market and society.
- Inclusion of Roma Community in local decision making process
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under each of the priorities must fall between EUR 200,000 and EUR 500,000.
Actions must take place in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 month nor exceed 40months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person registered at least two years before the call is launched and
- be non-profit-making
- be a specific type of organisation such as: civil society organisations i.e. organisations considered as non-state, non-profit making actors operating on an independent and accountable basis. They include: non-governmental organisations, professional associations, employers’ associations and trade unions (social partners),chambers of commerce, universities and any other non-governmental associations and independent foundations
- be established in , or accredited in, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (accreditation at the latest on the deadline for submission of the concept notes)
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- be experienced and able to demonstrate their capacity to manage larger scale activities corresponding to the size and type of the project for which a grant is being requested.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants ifthey are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies)are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.