Deadline: 30 March 2018
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) has announced the availability of four (4) new research fellowships. The fellowships will provide the opportunity to travel to Washington, DC for up to 4 weeks during June – August 2018 to conduct research on the legal framework for civil society and civic participation.
This is an action-oriented fellowship. It is designed to provide opportunities to engage practitioners and scholars to advance the legal environment for civil society by providing them with: support and expertise of ICNL’s international staff; access to extensive library of NGO legal materials; a community of other fellows with whom to exchange ideas; and meetings with CSO representatives, academics and others in Washington, DC. USAID and ICNL will cover the cost of travel to and from Washington, DC, as well as room and board for the agreed-upon time period. No honorarium will be offered.
The fellowships are open to applicants from:
- Africa: Benin, Burundi, Malawi, Ghana, The Gambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Colombia, Mexico, Peru
- Europe and Eurasia: Kosovo, Moldova, Ukraine
Applications will be evaluated based on the following factors:
- Compliance with eligibility requirements and application procedures;
- Demonstrated interest and experience relating to the legal environment for civil society;
- Quality of the proposed research project, including the significance of the issue to be studied, research methodology/design, feasibility of the project, and likelihood that the Fellowship will help advance the legal framework for civil society in the applicant’s country.
- Commitment to continue working on civil society legal issues for a minimum of 12 months upon the applicant’s return home, and ability to effect change based upon leadership potential.
- USAID’s concurrence.
How to Apply
- To apply for the Research Fellowship, applicants must submit the following items:
- Application coversheet;
- Proposal; and
- Resume, Curriculum Vitae (CV), or other statement of work history and education.
- Applications should be sent to via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please download the pdf ICNL.