Deadline: 10 October 2017
Applications are open for the Impact Fund grants program for the winter Fall 2017, awarding grants to legal services nonprofits, private attorneys, and/or small law firms who seek to advance justice in the areas of civil and human rights, environmental justice, and/or poverty law.
- Social Justice: Provides grants and legal support to assist in human and civil rights cases.
- Environmental Justice: Provides grants to support impact litigation for environmental justice, with a focus on marginalized communities.
- Economic Justice: Provides financial and other forms of support to cases fighting for economic justice.
- The Impact Fund makes grants to lawyers, law firms, and nonprofit organizations involved in impact litigation.
- Most of the grants are for one particular case, but occasionally a series of cases bound by a common strategy are funded.
- Awards are for civil rights, human rights, anti-poverty and environmental justice cases that will affect a marginalized group.
- Most of the grants are for class actions, but also funded multi-plaintiff and environmental justice cases that aim to significantly affect a larger system.
- Impact Fund grants may be used for out-of-pocket litigation expenses such as expert fees and discovery costs, but not for attorney’s fees, staff, or other overhead.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must register themselves online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Impact Fund.