Deadline: 5 September 2017
The Embassy is inviting organisations to apply to this call and establish a programme for support of civil society organisations in Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia through the management of a grant scheme and other assistance to such organisations to strengthen their effectiveness and administrative skills.
The sub-granting programme aims at financing activities towards implementing reforms as part of the EU-integration process defined in the action plans for each chapter.
The over-all goal of Norway’s assistance to the Western Balkans is to contribute to development of rule of law and stability through initiatives that promote:
- Closer regional cooperation
- Implementation of transitional justice in the region
- Socio-economic development at country level and in the region
- Increased economic growth and competitiveness
- Increased capacity in the field of environment/climate/energy
- Increased social and economic inclusion of marginalised groups
- Good governance
- The rule of law strengthened through capacity-building of courts, prosecuting authorities, independent control bodies and the police
- A more democratic and effective defence sector
- Strong, vibrant and independent civil society and media
- Minorities and marginal groups ensured rights in accordance with international agreements, both formally and in practice
- The fight against organised crime and corruption established as a top priority for the authorities.
- The supported activities must take place in Serbia, Montenegro and/or Macedonia.
- Sub-granted project interventions may range from 25,000 EUR to 100,000 EUR.
- The sub-granted project implementation period is 12 months.
Organizations who can document:
- Proven track record in providing sub-granting to civil society organizations in the area of EU acquis chapters relevant for this call;
- Proven track record in operating in Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia; and
- Annual turnover over 1 million EUR per in each of the last three years, or other proof of economic solidity (surety amounting to the value of the amount to be sub-granted)
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia
For more information, please visit Sub-granting Programme for Civil Society.