Deadline: 17 March 2017
The U.S. Embassy Abidjan’s Public Affairs Section is seeking applications for its 2017 Public Diplomacy Grants Program.
U.S. Embassy Abidjan grants are intended for individuals, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, academic institutions and other members of civil society.
Local grant proposals should specifically focus upon one (or more) of the four areas mention below. Additionally, programs should aim to increase understanding in Côte d’Ivoire of American culture, society, policies, and/or values where possible.
- Improve governance and increase participation in the nation’s political dialogue
- Assist Côte d’Ivoire in achieving emerging economy status through sustainable, transparent and inclusive economic growth
- Advance civilian security through strengthened strategic security institutions, enhanced rule of law, and professionalized security forces
- Improve Côte d’Ivoire’s capacity to mitigate the impact of major health threats, and to provide quality, sustainable routine healthcare services
- Minimum Individual Award Amounts: $1000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $20,000
- Applications are encouraged from all sectors: committed and organized civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, nongovernmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of proposed projects; applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding or in kind participation
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Côte d’Ivoire
For more information, please visit Local Grants Program.