The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Lesotho is seeking applications for its 2017 Public Diplomacy Grants program that includes:
- Public Diplomacy Project Proposals
- Proposals for Programming at the American Corner & YALI Leadership Innovation Hub
- USG Exchange Alumni Project Proposals
- Strengthen Democratic Institutions: encourage active citizen participation in government; promote increased voter participation in democratic processes at all levels; encourage professional media coverage; and increase attention to minority and disadvantaged populations.
- Promote opportunity and development: (in relation to youth and women) promote professional skills and leadership development; encourage innovation and entrepreneurship; create networking, mentorship and internship opportunities – (in relation to HIV/AIDS) encourage HIV/AIDS prevention and healthy lifestyles; present accurate information on transmission, prevention, care, and treatment; reduce stigma; support awareness and dialogue about related issues like LGBTI rights and ending gender-based violence.
- Reinforce Mutual Understanding between the U.S. and Lesotho: present accurate information on the U.S.-Lesotho partnership; build connections with Basotho at all levels; support the promotion of Basotho and American cross-cultural heritage, traditional and modern art forms, and other forms of creative expression; and, foster English language proficiency.
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $500
- Ceiling of Alumni Award Amounts: $2,000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $10,000
- Applications are encouraged from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, local representatives of civil society, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of proposed projects; applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding or in-kind participation.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Note: Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis with a first review to take place on or around January 15, 2017.
Eligible Country: Lesotho
For more information, please visit 2017 Public Diplomacy Grants Program.