Deadline: 20 August 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Mali of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program (or programs) to help counter violent extremism through cultural events and civic dialogue.
Programs should also include a media / outreach component to broaden local awareness and extend the impact of programming. This could include citizen reporting on events and workshops, training for said citizen journalists on reporting, or radio coverage through established media outlets. All of these skills and activities should be designed as an integrated approach to increase economic empowerment and government stability via citizen interaction and empowerment.
- Building resilience to violent extremism among vulnerable communities
- Supporting economic development in regions at risk of extremism due to a lack of economic opportunity by ensuring members of the local community are involved in carrying out and executing events
- Providing positive alternatives to populations vulnerable to recruitment and violent extremist messages
- Strengthening civil society capacity to counter violent extremism
- Countering violent extremist messaging and narratives
- Using cultural preservation to raise awareness about geographically isolated regions
- Women’s and youth empowerment and economic programs that include security and peace components
- Building connections and dialogue between local, regional, and national government officials and the communities they serve
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $350,000
- Award Ceiling: $350,000
- Award Floor: $100,000
Participants and Audiences:
Including but not limited to: youth, populations in economically disadvantaged regions outside Bamako, civil society actors, local leaders, and journalists.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.