Deadline: 1 March 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Slovenia is seeking applications for its NGO Small Grants to offer grants for well-conceived and managed projects that strengthen the civil society sector and address societal concerns.
- Demonstrate clear, sustainable, and innovative plans for obtaining matching funds and cost-sharing,
- Use digital or traditional media to reach broad audiences, and
- Serve traditionally underserved populations.
- Integration of Refugees and Migrants, Respect for Diversity, and Multiculturalism
- Anti-corruption, Good Governance, and Transparency
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Promotion of Free Trade
- Environment, Climate Change, and Renewable Energy
- Energy Security and Diversification
- International Security, Counter-terrorism, and Defense Issues
- Human Rights (LGBT, Disabilities, Women’s Empowerment, Minority Populations)
- Youth Engagement, Volunteerism and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Responsible and Independent Media
- Regional Cooperation and Integration of the countries of SE Europe into Trans-Atlantic institutions
Eligible topics for projects are broadly defined to include:
- Democracy and human rights,
- Security and foreign policy issues,
- Economic and civic development,
- Support for regional stability in Southeastern Europe.
Typically, grant awards range from $3,000 to $10,000 and are consider to be as a co-funding.
- Only registered Slovenian NGOs may apply.
- Projects must have a defined start and completion date.
- If a project is done in collaboration with another organization, please provide a letter of support/commitment from the partner institution.
- New grantees will be given priority over previous grantees.
The Public Affairs Section welcomes proposals from alumni of U.S.-sponsored exchange programs. Priority consideration will be given to alumni who:
- Cooperate with other alumni to implement the grant
- Share with a wider community the knowledge or skills gained in the exchange program or training
- Explain how the project will enhance alumni professional development
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Slovenia
For more information, please visit NGO Small Grants.