Deadline: 2 April 2017
- Gender Equality and Philanthropy/CSR: This theme encompasses gender equality in philanthropic endeavors/charitable giving, as well as gender equality in companies’ internal and external CSR initiatives, such as workplace issues, supply chains, etc.
- Gender Equality and Education: This theme encompasses the inclusion of gender into any education initiative, including formal school education or informal education provided by NGOs, etc.
- Gender and China’s Two-Child Policy: This theme can touch on any gender issue affected by China’s new “two-child policy”, including women’s employment and reproductive rights, men’s role in the family, support for child care, etc.
The recommended grant size for proposals is up to US$50,000.
- Chinese government agencies, research institutions, and other civil society organizations are all welcomed to submit applications for CGF funds.
- Only Chinese organizations registered in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are eligible to apply and all activities planned must take place in the People’s Republic of China.
- Proposals submitted by individuals or by organizations without legal status will not be accepted.
- Applicants are encouraged to partner with other national institutions and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- Proposals that demonstrate clear and strong partnerships, especially with CSOs, will receive preferential treatment in the selection process. Involvement of both men and women in the project team is encouraged.
- NGO-like commercial organizations registered under the Bureau of Industry and Commerce are eligible to apply to the CGF, subject to approval by the selection committee on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit China Gender Fund.