Deadline: 10 March 2017
The UNICEF Moldova is currently inviting interested Civil Society Organisations to express their Specific Expression of Interest for a project related to Strengthening the child sensitive justice system for children victims and witnesses of crimes, and for children below 14 years old in contact with the law in Moldova.
- children victims or witnesses of crimes and their families have improved access to justice and receive psycho-social and legal assistance;
- legislative reform rationalises and improves the efficiency and quality of child friendly hearing, adopts and uses standards for child friendly hearing rooms, regulates the status of interviewer and the functioning of specialized services for psychological recovery of child victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking;
- 80% of children victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking heard in a child friendly manner positively assess the services rendered as per the international standards;
- National Action Plan for rehabilitation and social reintegration of child victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking developed and curricula for justice system, law enforcement, social and medical professionals working with children victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking developed;
- capacities of at least 120 justice, law enforcement, social and medical professionals in the districts where prosecution offices have hearing rooms are improved in handling criminal cases involving children victims or witnesses and at least 85% of them are assessed fully mastering the knowledge about their range of responsibilities and ways in providing (therapeutic, social, psychosocial, legal) support to children and their families;
- capacities of 30 police personnel, prosecutors and judges in the two model districts are improved in handling children cases and using appropriate newly developed monitoring tools and at least 85% of them participate in monthly individual coaching.
- be registered in Moldova
- not be an entity named on any of the UN Security Council targeted sanction lists.
How to Apply
- Interested organisations can submit their Expression of Interest via post at the address given on the website.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
Eligible Country: Moldova
For more information, please visit UNICEF Moldova.