Deadline: 31 December 2017
Voice is currently inviting applicants for its Mali Sudden Opportunity Grant to respond to specific and unforeseen opportunities to influence policies or face a threatened / imminent attack on the enabling environment for civil society in Mali.
It is an opportunity for strategic advocacy, mobilization of civil society and / or collective action that can lead to changes in legal decisions, policies and laws, behavioral change and public Challenge discrimination, promote equality and access to opportunities, Improving social welfare, confronting injustice and / or encouraging social development.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (eg finance, water and land) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular
- Space for citizen participation and engagement
This grant is available between € 5,000 and € 200,000 for an intervention that will last no more than 12 months.
- People with disabilities
- Women at risk of exploitation, abuse and / or violence
- Vulnerable and age-discriminated groups, including young people and the elderly
- The applicant (and all co-applicants, in the case of a consortium application) represents an organization with key values similar to Voice’s objectives, namely equitable treatment and equal rights to Every human person, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, social status and age.
- The applicant or lead organization works with Voice’s target groups to build their capacity to lobby and advocate to defend their interests and voice.
- Organizations proposing to work with two target groups as a consortium are strongly encouraged to submit a proposal. For example, local organizations that are experts in people with disabilities work with a women’s organization to integrate gender into their component.
- The minimum requirements for Voice are the registration and a bank account on behalf of the organization.
- The organization, or the principal applicant for consortia, is a local Malian organization with a bank account number on its behalf.
- Voice strongly encourages applications of local networks, consortia and innovative collaborations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their concept note at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Mali
For more information, please visit Mali Sudden Opportunity Grant.