Deadline: 1 June 2019
Applicants can apply for the Digital Communication Network program which is funded by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by World Learning, the Digital Communications Network exchange program created and supports a collaborative network of communication professionals from across Europe and Central Asia, working together to strengthen communication skills through the development and dissemination of digital content.
The Digital Communications Network exchange program, which is now entering its fourth year after successful segments in both the United States and in Europe. The program alumni created the Digital Communication Network (DigiComNet), an international association to connect professionals in the digital age from a variety of backgrounds in order to generate ideas, tools, and products for media outlets, civil society organizations, businesses, and government. A total of 16 participants will be selected through an open competition process to come to the United States for a month long professional program, scheduled from September 11- October 11 2019.
The U.S. based programs will include an orientation and overview of the issues, a case study looking at different facets of communication with a focus on digital content, professional fellowship placements, training workshops, learning labs, and participation in relevant industry events. Fellowship placements will be in media companies, non-profit organizations, NGOs, public policy organizations, communication companies, or university institutes across the United States. Placements will focus on topics such as the use of technology for advocacy and social causes, development of mobile applications to disseminate information and promote open responsive government, multi-media storytelling, creation of integrated multi-channel social messaging, communication strategies, ethical journalism, investigative reporting, and the nexus of digital and mainstream journalism.
Professional development will be supplemented through an online platform, offering social media resources and MOOCs, as well as trainings on planning, executing, and assessing integrated and effective social media campaigns. To enhance program sustainability and effectiveness, participants will create and implement individual follow-on projects in their home countries. Action plans for these projects will be developed throughout the course of the U.S. programs.
Accommodation in the United States will consist of double-person shared hotel rooms. A small stipend will be provided to participants while in the U.S. to cover basic living expenses. The cost of international and domestic travel, program-related ground transportation, cultural activities, and all other programmatic and logistical arrangements will be covered as part of the Digital Communication Network exchange program.
- Candidates for the program should be communication professionals, either with a journalistic or entrepreneurial background.
- They should work for media organizations (traditional or new), communication companies, NGOs and social movements, or e-governments focusing on delivering media methods and using new tools of digital communications.
- Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate an interest and capacity to develop or transform organizations for the digital age, and/or to create new digital communication products.
- Participants should work and reside in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- Selection will be based on the overall quality of the candidates, as well as their willingness and preparedness to make a contribution to the program. Please note that not all countries will be represented. Candidates from other countries should not apply.
- English language competency
- Minimum two years professional experience in a relevant field
- Stated commitment to free and fair information flow
- Ability to disseminate information to a wide and diverse audience
- No travel within the United States since September 2016(preferred)
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2JaVD4k