Deadline: 18 July 2020
Do you have an innovative solution to address a social challenge in your community? Do you want to learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Do you want to meet other young leaders from across Yemen? Do you want to learn how to improve the design of your solution and implement projects that will help your communities? If so, UNDP wants to hear from you!
UNDP Yemen is looking to engage and nurture Yemen’s young people who are involved in tackling the most difficult challenges of time and who contribute to achieving the goals of sustainable development.
The programme will support and empower Yemen’s young change makers to design and implement innovative, effective, and sustainable development solutions. It aims to:
- Accelerate implementation of pioneering solutions for sustainable development; and,
- Build networks of young women and men who can create change and have a positive, sustainable impact in their communities.
2020 Theme: Decade of Action
- This year’s YLP6 theme is “Decade of Action” with a focus upon the Coronavirus pandemic and climate action. The theme was selected as Yemen is facing devastating environmental issues such as water scarcity, land desertification, desertification, and waste management – among others. Recent assessments in Yemen show climate change impacts on water resources, agricultural productivity, biological diversity, increased emissions from energy and transportation, and significant impact on the health sector – particularly now as Coronavirus is affecting Yemen at alarming rates.
Participation will bring about Opportunities
- By participating in this programme, you will be a part of a dynamic network of young and innovative Yemeni leaders who desire to help the country build back better. You will have the opportunity to participate in the programme with other young leaders from the Arab region and will have extensive opportunities to not only implement your ideas for social change, but also develop your leadership potential.
- The programme will help develop your skills in social innovation approaches and methodologies as well as increase your skills in problem-solving and strengthen your presentations abilities. Additionally, the programme is expected to help expand your knowledge of the SDGs.
- All participants will receive a participation certificate. Distinguished and committed participants may have the chance to attend the regional workshops.
- Both female and male applicants that meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply.
- Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Between 19 – 29 years of age
- Fluency in Arabic
- Have an innovative solution that contributes to achieving the SDGs and 2030 Agenda
- Highly motivated and interested in social change
- No experience necessary to apply
- Internet accessibility and knowledge
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/38Pi9ti