Deadline: 30 September 2019
The Digicel Foundation has announced the “Leadership for Change: Community Grants Program” to support local organizations with community grants of up to K50, 000 to deliver projects that provide local solutions to local problems.
As an organization Digicel Foundation PNG looks for partner organizations that work in line with their development priorities. They provide support to their partners through grants and capacity building, then they work together to monitor and evaluate the success of their programs and projects and provide a platform to share their collective story of change.
The strategy is focused on three objectives:
- Improve the lives of people in rural – urban communities through quality health and education programs
- Strengthen innovative partnerships and communications for change
- Build a smart and sustainable organization
They prioritise funding for projects and programs which are in line with their development outcomes outlined in their results framework in their Strategic Plan. The focus areas for organizations to apply for funding include:
- Education and Literacy: Projects that help to improve the educational outcomes for disadvantaged communities. Proposals can include support for community libraries, literacy programs for children and adults, support for resource centers, inclusive education for people living with disabilities, innovative ways to unlock digital learning, support for STEM education in schools, teacher training etc.
- Health: Projects that help communities improve health outcomes. This can range from health awareness to service delivery projects. Particular focus is given to projects that address maternal mortality, community based rehabilitation for people living with disabilities, water sanitation hygiene (WASH) Programs, Feminine Hygiene projects etc.
- Anti-Violence: Projects that assist anti-violence advocates and human rights defenders in communities and increases access to services for victims of violence. These projects can include assistance to safe houses, peace building initiatives through sports, conflict resolution training. Particular focus will be given to projects that emphasis working with men on violence prevention programs in line with the Men of Honour Campaign run by Digicel Foundation.
- Leadership and Citizenship: Projects that assist with civic engagement and leadership development. Projects can include leadership skills training, civic engagement, strengthening local governance, constitution building and awareness, civic voice and participation.
The Community Grants Program does not provide funding for the following:
- Individual needs such as scholarships, etc
- Endowment funds or funds directed towards deficit reduction or operating reserves
- Trips, conferences, seminars, festivals, one day events (unless they are a part of an approved program activity)
- Church programs that have no direct link to their key development priorities
Basic eligibility criteria for program funding:
- Organisations must be not for profit and have all statutory documentation in place e.g. IPA certification, constitution, tax identification number etc.
- Organisations must serve the majority of people in their respective communities
- Organisations must have and display the leadership, financial management, experiences, expertise and capacity to effectively carry out the proposed program activities
- Program proposals must support Digicel Foundation goals
- Program proposals must support all required information and documents
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.digicelfoundation.org/png/en/home/apply-for-funding/funding-guidelines.html