Deadline: 13 November 2016
Applicants are invited to apply for Global Community Fellowship, a 13-15 month program for graduating seniors and young/ established professionals.
Fellows work at NGOs and schools across Asia to support community development and youth education programs. By working directly with communities, fellows get hands-on experience learning how organizations in Asia are using creative and innovative methods to address critical social challenges.
- Education-focused Posts — As a teaching fellow, you’ll advance student development using critical thinking, peace and conflict resolution, and cross-cultural communication curriculum. You’ll also help students to access future education and professional opportunities.
- NGO-focused Posts — As an NGO fellow, you’ll support community development and international communication efforts by supporting NGOs to access resources, networks, and collaboration opportunities.
- Community Development
- Health & Disability
- Approximately four weeks of training, covering program management, cross-cultural communication, leadership development, local language lessons, and teacher training
- Comprehensive emergency medical and evacuation insurance
- Living and housing stipend (ranging from $200-$1000 per month, depending on location) while working at applicant’s post or on a short-term VIA program
- Intra-Asia travel (from training to applicant’s post and wrap-up conference)
- Language study grants and tutors are available at some posts
- Starting and experienced professionals with a BA or BS degree (must graduate June 2017).
- Although the fellowship is primarily aimed towards US citizens, the program does accept applications from international residents who have a previous connection to VIA or a substantial US connection.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Community Fellowship.