Global Innovation Fund (GIF) is currently inviting applications for its Grants program with an aim to support innovations that benefit people living on less than the equivalent of $5 per day (PPP) in developing countries, and are especially interested in innovations that impact people living on less than $2 per day (PPP).
GIF is also seeking innovations that benefit vulnerable groups such as women and girls, the disabled, minority or indigenous groups, refugees or displaced communities, or other vulnerable populations.
GIF aims to fill several gaps in the ecosystem of innovations for global development:
- The pioneer gap where new approaches to serve the poor are often considered too risky for commercial or donor investments. GIF supports early-stage innovators in pilot-testing and refining their innovations to deliver impact.
- The evidence gaps that exist about the social impacts and commercial viability of innovations in the global development space – what works best and why.
- The scaling up of innovations that have demonstrated success. This helps to bridge the gap between initial small-scale pilots and widespread use of proven, impactful innovations.
- Flexible range of financing options: GIF offers grants, loans (including convertible debt), and equity investments ranging from $50,000 to $15 million USD.
- Access to our global network: GIF’s innovators gain access to GIF’s growing network of innovators, experts, and funders around the world.
- Venture and technical assistance: GIF can help to connect innovators with assistance based on their needs.
- Bridge to follow-on funding: GIF helps to connect innovators to other donors and investors.
GIF offers funding ranging from $50,000 to $15 million USD.
GIF supports teams from social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organizations, government agencies, international organizations, and researchers across all relevant sectors and doing work based in any eligible country in the developing world.
How to Apply
All applicants must begin the application process by submitting an Initial application via the given website.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Liberia, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Morocco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Global Innovation Fund.